Your FlixBus Guide for Oktoberfest 2022
FlixBus takes you to Munich for the world's largest folk festival!
What you need to know about Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest 2022 dates
Oktoberfest 2022 starts on September 17 and lasts until October 3.
Where does Oktoberfest take place?
Oktoberfest takes place at Theresienwiese, Munich.
Oktoberfest beer prices
The official beer prices differ depending on the tent and change every year. In 2022, the beer prices range from €12.60 and €13.80 for a Maß (1 liter). Don't forget to tip the waiter/waitress, you'll get your beers much faster!
How to get there?
The central bus station is only 10 minutes walking distance from the Oktoberfest grounds. You just have to follow the bridge south (Hackerbrücke) and go straight. Or you can just follow the crowd, since everyone goes the same direction.
If walking is not for you, why don't you take the public transport? You can get the underground and hop off at Theresienwiese or at Poccistrasse.
5 reasons to travel to Oktoberfest with FlixBus
Find the best alternative to accommodation in Munich
Are you stressed out because you can’t find accommodation in Munich during Oktoberfest? No problems! With FlixBus you can travel by night and be there just in time when the beer-drinking starts! When the day is over, take the night bus home and relax.
Can't find cheap accommodation in Munich during Oktoberfest?
You've tried everything, but you can't justify spending crazy money on a small room/sofa/tent! We don't blame you! That's why FlixBus is offering our overnight bus service during Oktoberfest. Don't waste money on accommodation. Book a night bus with FlixBus: Save and sleep! You can even buy water from our bus drivers on the way home. And with Oktoberfest just 10 minutes from our bus stop, you can still enjoy every minute and make it to Munich central station with plenty of time to spare!
How it works?
- Book your night bus with FlixBus. We have a large selection of night buses from cities all over Europe.
- Sleep on the bus on the way there!
- Arrive in Munich in the morning, just when Oktoberfest starts.
- Drink 2 beers minimum (they say that drinking less is bad luck).
- Have a pork knuckle.
- Dance and sing along to ‘Sweet Caroline’ or 'Angels'... Yes, it's mandatory! ♪ ♫
- Oktoberfest ends around 11:30 p.m., so you can walk back to Munich ZOB (10 minutes from Theresienwiese) and from there, you can take your night bus back home!
- If you decide to stay another day or leave at a different hour, no problem! You can rebook your trip until 15 minutes before your bus leaves.
Check if there is a night bus available from your city by checking out our Route Map!
What you need to know about women's dresses: how to tie the apron of a Dirndl
Take a look at our Oktoberfest tips before going, they may come in useful!
- Dance on the bench as hard as you can, they are break-proof (really)
- Go on the rides before you start drinking (true story)
- Practice your German skills: when the German songs start coming, just sing along! (or make up your own lyrics)
- The terror house is very scary, not for the faint-hearted (secret tip: it’s haunted for real… )
- If you want a souvenir from Oktoberfest, don’t even think about taking a beer mug. You could get a pretty high fine.
- Don’t ‘cheers’ too hard, or your beer mug will break
- Take it easy (seriously). If you’re going to spend the entire day at Oktoberfest, you will have a lot of time to drink beer and have fun - don't crash before lunch time!